Friday, September 07, 2007

Job Security

So the company I work for picked up a huge contract.
They did not know it at the time but, 1/3 of the data are huge excel spread sheets (over 1TB total and over 1 million excel files) .
The application they had developed in house was taking 2-8 hours to process each excel file and they have a due date at the end of next month.
So I fixed it to bring that time down to 6-8 minutes per excel sheet, with more speed optimization that I can do. So when I am done fixing everything, the company will be able to take on more contracts at the same time and make more money.
BAM! POW!
Any way I feel good about it, my boss likes it a lot, my boss' boss likes it a lot, the people that work on the excel files like it a whole lot and the CEO personally thanked me.

Any way, that relieves me of some stress and gives me a bit of job security.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom Nixon said...

That is great, Matt. It always helps when your boss and your boss' boss think you can walk on water.

That is what Dad's boss recently said about him (actually his boss' boss told his boss). It certainly makes you think you're valuable,

Kudos, I'm proud of you. I hate Excel. ( Course, it's MS)

06:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home